Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nothing's Ever Simple w/the Reynolds

Preston has the flu. Towards the end of the school day yesterday, he went to the office saying he didn't feel well. After sitting there for a few minutes, he got up to go back to class, but ended up vomiting in the hallway. After I picked him up, he expressed to me his fear that his friends might be mad at him for getting sick in the hallway. He said it was embarrassing that it happened "in front of everyone". Poor kid.

I'm home with him today, but a bit disappointed on his behalf because he missed the 5th grade "field trip" to go tour the new school. I was impressed with his own response though. He said, "Actually, Mom, I think that's better, because they won't be doing much work and I won't have to make it up."

Sunday was our church Christmas program. Saturday afternoon was his concert with the Sangamon Valley Youth Symphony Concert Orchestra at UIS' Sangamon Auditorium. Saturday morning was the dress rehearsal for the church Christmas program. Tonight is Brock's Christmas outing with his boss and the other supervisors in his unit.

It looks like Preston will be staying with Grandma & Grandpa Coonrod in Carlinville tonight and missing school tomorrow as well. He's doing MUCH better, but I want to be sure he's truly healthy before we get on that plane on Thursday.

Brock & I got the majority of the packing done Saturday night. It was quite the affair -- me packing while he was in charge of recording. I wanted a complete list of what was in every suitcase, just in case one would get lost. Plus, it's a quicker way to check in case I'm afraid I forgot to pack something.

Had more I was going to share, but he's calling for me to take a nap with him. (Gee, twist my arm, son).

No comments:

Post a Comment