Some quick updates:
- Shaling & Preston are now the same height (roughly 56 inches) and weight (73 pounds), despite her having been a full head shorter than him in January 2011. American dairy does wonders.
- Shaling just wrapped up her softball season last night. She's becoming a decent pitcher and is quite fun to watch behind the plate as well. She nearly threw out a runner at 3rd base last night.
- Both kids just spent the weekend with my parents and they all headed up north to stay with Uncle Scott for a couple of nights. He spoiled them rotten by taking them to play miniature golf, play in an arcade, and spend a day at a large water park. They were both still chatting about it when Brock and I got home from a separate trip two days later. Grandma & Grandpa spoiled them rotten with some shopping.
- Shaling enjoyed 3 different morning camps this month - basketball, softball, and golf.
- We conducted 2 fundraisers this month -- trivia night/silent auction nights (one for a local family in the process of adopting a 3-year-old girl in need of serious cardiac care and one for a local youth battling a brain tumor) and held a garage sale at our house.
- We enjoyed attending a hog roast/wedding reception for Aunt Joanna and Uncle Mike. Speaking of Aunt Joanna, please keep her and her family (Mike, her daughter Maggie, etc.) in your prayers. I won't share all of the gory details here, but her cancer has returned. This is her 4th bout with it (during a time period of about 3 1/2 years) and she's just 37-years-old.
- We recently said goodbye to our minister, Pastor Jack, as he retired and moved to spend more time with his grandkids.
- We've gotten in some family exercise this summer, via biking, 5Ks, and swimming.
- We are looking forward to visiting Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds this weekend.