Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Adoption Timeline Added to Our Blog

I added an "Adoption Timeline" to the side of our blog, complete with the dates of those items we've completed. The next step, sending the I-800A to USCIS, will be done as soon as I receive the DCFS endorsement letter. My adoption agency received it last week and dropped it in the mail to me. They already overnighted 3 notarized copies of my Home Study to me, but I need the endorsement letter to go with the Home Study before I can send it in.

I'm also working on sending a different copy of the Home Study into the Chinese Consulate in Chicago so that I can get their authentication for it to be used in our dossier for China. I have to get it certified at the Secretary of State first.

Over the weekend, my mom-in-law helped me cut some fabric squares while I made up some wish cards. I am exchanging quilt squares for Shaling's 100 Good Wishes Quilt with 6 other adopting families who are also making quilts. I also began making up some wish cards for her scrapbook. They will go along with the several styles of material we picked out for her quilt.

Preston made a comment this weekend that warmed my heart. During a discussion in the car on the way to Indiana, he commented that he'd never cried with happiness. He said he wished he could. I asked him if he thought he might cry with happiness when he meets his sister. He said maybe he would. I then asked him if he thought I would cry with happiness when I met her. He said, "probably, because you're going to love her as much as you love me."

No comments:

Post a Comment