Monday, April 25, 2011

Shaling's First Easter

Shaling & Preston spent the weekend with Grandma & Grandpa. They don't have school today, so that was done partially to allow Mom & Dad NOT to have to take off work. Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa wanting to have the kids for the whole weekend and not just one night, Mom & Dad to the opportunity to have a partial getaway weekend. Our first time together just the two of us since well before we started down the adoption path.

We spent Friday & Saturday in St. Louis, then met back up with the entire family (including the kids) at my aunt & uncle's house in the country near Carlinville. Despite the fact that I'd sent clean and church appropriate clothes for the kids, they were both dressed in brand new outfits thanks to Grandma's shopping addiction generosity. I stupidly forgot my camera, so I don't have a photo to include right now (hoping Grandma & Grandpa got some to send to me).

A farm is a great place for Easter Egg Hunts, so we hid a number of plastic eggs all over the backyard. We left them empty because we knew it was going to rain. However, the Easter Bunny was well-prepared. He left treat bags inside for the kids to receive when they brought in the empty eggs. I took a couple of videos with my phone. It had already started to rain, so I didn't venture out too far in the yard, as I didn't want to get caught in the mud in my heels ruin the phone. Therefore, the second video shows the kids fairly far away. I do think it's cute to watch at the very end of the video how one of the cats is chasing Shaling along. For those of you old enough to remember the 1980s, my Aunt Ann's cats are named Crockett & Tubbs. Name that television show!

I hope all our family and friends (those we know in person and those we know "virtually") had a lovely Easter. This year especially I'm feeling quite thankful that Jesus Christ our Savior died and rose again to relieve me of my sinful burden. I am also quite thankful for His blessing us with both of our kids.


Easter Egg Hunt 2011 from Amy Reynolds on Vimeo.



Easter Egg Hunt 2011, Video 2 from Amy Reynolds on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment