Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dad Charges Too Steep of a Price

For awhile now, Brock has wanted to take the kids to see an artist "of their generation". Shaling has never been to a concert. Preston has seen dad's favorite singer, Bruce Springsteen, as well as one of my favorites, Trace Adkins. He has also seen a few acts at the state fair, but never one that is like popular with the current school crowd.

So, this week, Brock began trying to win a pair of tickets to see Kelly Clarkson in Champaign this Saturday night. He finally got through Tuesday afternoon and won! We are going to purchase another pair of tickets so we can take both kids. However, Brock was teasing Shaling a bit Tuesday night.

He told her what he'd won and she got excited, talking about how much she wanted to go. He told her that there were only 2 tickets and maybe he'd take Preston. She begged him, "no, no, please. I want to go; I want to go!"

At that point, Brock said that perhaps he'd take which kid was nicer to him this week. She somberly replied, "I no go with you."

***

This is perhaps something a lady shouldn't share publicly, but not many people have excused me of being a lady anyway. The truth is, I drink a lot of diet soda. Diet soda happens to be carbonated (like most soda). That carbonation would prefer NOT to stay in my body. Therefore, I tend to expel that carbonation.

A couple of Saturdays ago, I had Shaling & her friend Katie in my car on the way to meet my cousin Joanna, her husband Mike, & her daughter Maggie at a restaurant. I was quickly swigging a diet soda in the car. I decided that with it just being me & the girls in the car, I didn't need to hold back, so I burped rather loudly. Shaling gave me a mock "Maaawwwm!" I teased her about there being a mouse in the front seat with me. Well, at the restaurant (which happened to be a Chinese buffet), while I was up getting a plate of food, she was being a brat sweetly telling everyone at the table just how I had farted in the car.

I'm thinking there is still a bit of a language barrier there.

***

Here is a current basketball video (from last Saturday, 2-18-2012):

No comments:

Post a Comment