Thursday, March 1, 2012

License to Kill...Your Own Child

Wow. I am sickened & disgusted by this article that appeared in a current issue of the Journal of Medical Ethics: After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?

The gist of the piece is that newborn babies have no more right to life than fetuses. The position of the piece is that fetuses & newborn babies are "potential humans". Since they (fetuses & newborns) don't realize that they have life, if the parents determine that raising the child would be burdensome, they should have the right to terminate, even post-birth.

I obviously find this to be gruesome & horrifying, so I won't belabor the point with a lengthy piece on it. I'll just leave room for others to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, We just prayed about this article in my ladies prayer group. Absolutely speechless.

    ReplyDelete