Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day - a mostly pictorial blog entry

My Mother's Day 2012 was rather low-key. I got some heart-warming cards, including 3 carefully chosen by my kids. We then went to a portrait studio and had 4-generation photos taken with my mom & dad, brother & his wife, and my grandma.

Last night, Preston had his last 6th grade track meet. He ran the 400 in 1:31, his fastest time. His previous best was 1:38. His first track meet, he ran it in 1:59. I was so very pleased to see him end the season on a high note. I know track doesn't exactly fit Preston's comfort zone, but it was fun to watch him improve and feel pleased with himself. He had to display perserverance and I would love to see him transfer that to other areas of his life.

Ok, the pictures. First, I want to show off the cards I got from my kids, as I found them especially meaningful.

Shaling



Preston


from both of them


some of the portrait studio results

















No comments:

Post a Comment