Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Week at Grandma & Grandpa Reynolds' House

Over the weekend, Preston and Shaling headed home with Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds to spend a week at their Lake Shafer (Monticello, Indiana) home. They will go boating, watch movies, and generally be spoiled rotten. Yesterday's activities included shopping for Legos, tubing, baking chocolate chip cookies, swimming, going down a water slide, and jumping off of a double-decker dock (that last one was Preston only).

Today, they wore their new shirts supporting "Aunt Joanna". Joanna is my cousin I've mentioned in previous blogs that is fighting mouth cancer (for the 4th time in 3 1/2 years). Yesterday, she began 7 weeks of radiation, along with 3 days of chemotherapy.


The day before leaving, Shaling literally begged me to take her to get her haircut. I think she became tired of having to maintain longer hair. I really think it turned out cute. Her she is with our neighbor's dog, Max:


While they've been gone, I've gone shopping for school supplies, organized said supplies, and created an answer key for a Pre-Algebra packet Preston needs to complete before the first day of school. Brock and I went out to eat last night and enjoyed the relaxation of not arguing with the kids over what and how much they had to eat. Later, I enjoyed an evening out with a friend of mine that I don't see often enough, even though she's local. It's shaping up to be a good week for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. When Mark and I go out by ourselves we sit there staring at each other. I usually ask him if I can cut his meat for him!! It is just so utterly quiet!!

    ReplyDelete