Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We got our Chinese visas

Yesterday, we received our passports back from the courier in Channahon. You might remember from a previous blog entry that she took them to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago to get our visa pages for us. So, all three of us now have permission to travel to China sometime before October 2011!

Also, my adoption agency emailed me to officially let me know that my paperwork will be delivered to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou tomorrow (Thursday). The way I understand it from the other adoptive families, that paperwork is only accepted on Mondays & Thursdays. The Article 5 is issued exactly two weeks later. Therefore, I'm expecting our Article 5 on November 18. Something to celebrate on Thanksgiving the following week!

To refresh, the Article 5 is the last of the important documents directly related to the adoption. After that, we will await Travel Approval and our Consulate Appointment. Then, a mad scramble to arrange all of our travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment