Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taking Care of Dad's Boo-Boo

A little while ago, Brock told me that this morning he showed Shaling an "owie" on his knee. He has a floor burn on each of his knees. He still loves to play pick-up basketball. He then showed Shaling his other knee. She proceeded to go upstairs and come down with two band-aids. He told her no, but she insisted. Eventually, she said "one" -- meaning "ok, I'll compromise -- just one." Before he could say no again, she opened up one of the band-aids, so he let her put it on. After he finished telling me the story, I asked him if he told her thank you. He said, "yes, but I wasn't saying thank you 20 minutes ago when I took it off, along with the hairs on my leg."

Telling the beginning of this story made me remember a recent Preston story that I'd also like to share. Apparently at school, they recently had a discussion on bullies. Preston piped up with this gem (based on a true story, but with some minor details a bit skewed):

"My dad says that even adults have bullies. He plays basketball and he's always the oldest one on the court. One time a really young guy was pushing him around {throwing elbows}, but my dad didn't react; he just kept ignoring him and ignoring him. Later the guy just gave up and stormed out of the gym."

Reminder: Some time soon, I will lose the bringshalinghome web address. Make sure you take note of the new site http://www.fromricetopopcorn.com. Both point to the same blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment