Monday, October 17, 2011

School Pictures

The kids got their school pictures last week. I always buy a CD with a copyright release. Therefore, I know it's ok for me to post them here.

Here is my big 6th grader:


And here is my big 4th grader:


Preston has discovered that the 6th grade homework loads are QUITE a bit bigger than 5th grade. This has been quite a leap. He is juggling that, plus drum lessons on Monday evenings, Concert Orchestra rehearsals on Tuesday evenings, Jazz Band rehearsals on Wednesday mornings, 6th grade band sectionals on Thursday mornings, and junior bowling league on Saturday mornings.

Shaling is enjoying 4th grade and is quite motivated, pushing her English Language Learning teacher for extra homework. She is juggling school, continuing to learn a new language, trumpet lessons on Tuesdays, a basketball league (her dad is her coach), medical appointments, and a busy social life. She is scheduled for dental surgery on November 8 and she sees the E.N.T. again this Wednesday.

While they both occasionally challenge my confidence and ability as a parent, they both continue to make me proud as well. God blessed me well in the child department.

2 comments:

  1. Their schedules are wearing me out just reading them!! Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! Sounds like you all are busy.

    ReplyDelete