Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A New, Yet Old, Video of Long Sha Ling

I came home late last night from St. Louis (watched the Cardinals beat the Reds) to find a padded envelope on the counter, addressed to me. Exhaustion won over curiosity and I hit the sack. However, I took the envelope to work with me today. During my morning break, I opened it up to discover this:
And this:

Ok, so NOW my curiosity was not only winning, but beating the snot out of me. Unfortunately for me, they turned off our CD drives on our work computers, so finding out just what precious treasure is on this CD had to wait until I arrived home. I knew it would be something good, as Diana, a warm and wonderful lady who works her tail off at our favorite adoption agency, and who herself has experienced adoption from both directions, and her mother got to spend some time with Shaling in China before we went to get her (or ever met her). They supplied me with pictures and videos of my little girl that were all I had to hold onto until I finally had her in my arms.

All afternoon, I was supposing that this CD probably was a back-up copy of those very pictures and videos that Diana and Aleda had already shared with me. Little did I know it would have something even better -- an adorable video of my beautiful daughter I had not yet had the pleasure of viewing. In it, Shaling is singing a Chinese song. I showed it to her and she doesn't remember the video at all. I asked her to describe the song for me and all I can get out of her is that it has something to do with a flower. If anyone knows anymore, I'd love to hear about it.

Here it is:

1 comment:

  1. Sorry...Tessa is no help. She said that she thinks she has heard the song before, but doesn't remember what it is.

    ReplyDelete