Saturday, October 6, 2012

Slumber Party Wrap-Up

Despite some dreaded "girl drama", Shaling's slumber party went very well. The girls never cease to entertain me. Brock has an entertaining story for all of you...he shared it on his Facebook wall and I am going to simply copy & paste it here:
 Several months ago Shaling had a slumber party. All of the girls had their sleeping bags laid out on the living room floor. When it was time for them to go to sleep they continued talking and giggling like 10 year old girls typically do. I gave them several warnings to be quiet and go to sleep. Finally, I told them if they weren't quiet, I would sleep on the couch in the living room. When they kept talking, I kept my word and slept on the couch. Shaling and her friends were horrified! So tonight she's having a slumber party for her birthday. She told all of her friends to bring an American Girl doll. When I got home from work, the couch was lined with all of the dolls. Shaling told them all to bring their dolls so the dolls can sleep on the couch. She told me, "Dad, dolls on the couch. No room for you to sleep on the couch. You have to sleep upstairs."

The fabulous cake arrives and she is giddy. She jumped up & down as Julie took it out of the car.

The party table.

One more picture of the cake.

Supper was at her favorite restaurant.

Our table wasn't exactly subtle.

I asked for a thumbs up, but you can see these 3 weren't so sure.

Pretty smiles while their food is being cooked.

Thanks for smiling, Jessie!

Beautiful girls.

Hannah SOOO wanted to be able to use chopsticks.

Shaling is happy.

Lots of chatting & eating.

Her fortune cookie was eerily accurate.

Presents!




4 comments:

  1. You know...I am so heartbroken that I didn't get invited! Looks like the event of the year! "Girl Drama?" Now you know what our house is on a regular day!! Mark always says, "Be careful what you wish for!" Glad she had a great Birthday and a wonderful family to share it with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a typo. Fingers moving too fast. Sorry.

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was a fabulous birthday party. I LOVE the cake and Shaling looks so happy and excited. Happy 11th Birthday Shaling!!

    ReplyDelete