Thursday, May 27, 2010

Third Time's Charm?

Not knowing any better, I sent our original notarized Employment Verification letters to our social worker, thinking that the home study would require originals.

By the time I realized my mistake and contacted her to get them back for the dossier for China, she'd made notes on them and circled particular information.

Fortunately, Brock and I work in the same office building, so it wasn't too much trouble to request new ones from personnel for both of us.

Unfortunately, someone different is now the supervisor over the person who types up the letters. Instead of signing them like the previous supervisor, she simply initialed them. I was a little surprised when the notary notarized them anyway, but didn't say anything.

Apparently I should have spoken up, because not surprisingly the Secretary of State would not certify them. We need the Secretary of State to authenticate all of the documents that go to China.

So, now, I'm requesting these letters for the THIRD time.

It's amazing how much this adoption thing is a "learn-as-you-go" experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment