Monday, November 7, 2011

Thoughts on Sports, by Shaling

Our little athlete has some opinions and she likes to share them (hmmm...I wonder where she gets that from). She shared opinions with me at three different sporting events this weekend: the Rochester Rocket 7th grade girls basketball game, the Rochester Rocket playoff varsity football game, and at her own 4th grade girls basketball game at The Gym.

First, at the 7th grade girls game, she watched for awhile, then gave me an unprovoked, but rather accurate analysis: "really good passes". She was also spot-on with calling double dribbles or traveling calls before the referees even signaled them.

Next, at the football game, she told me that she wants to play football; "it's really fun". After expressing a touch of surprise, I told her that she'd have to get used to people knocking her down. She ignored the idea that she'd get knocked down confidently told me that she likes knocking people down and that she'd knock her best friend down.

Finally, at her own game, she told me that when the girls play basketball, the boys should dance. Oh, and to be clear, by "dance", she meant cheerlead.

Though I'm still not sure where she gets off being so opinionated (ahem), I like the way she thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment