Thursday, April 19, 2012

Future WNBA Player?

Shaling recently drew some pictures for me. One of them was a picture of Brock (wearing a hippie vest and a hat) proposing to me (wearing a shirt and pants with a bridal veil). She had me saying "thank you", like I was abundantly grateful to Brock for saving me with marriage.

Another one (see below) is a tiger. She loves tigers. As you might be able to guess, she loves Tigress from Kung Fu Panda. She drew this particular picture while playing at a friend's house and I'm guessing there just might have been a picture somewhere of a WNBA player (since the tiger is wearing a WNBA uniform), because we've never discussed or watched the WNBA at home. So, assuming her friend explained to her what it meant, perhaps I have a child aspiring to be a professional athlete.


She wrapped up volleyball season last week, but continues practices for a "Girls on the Run" program that will culminate in her doing a 5K run/walk on May 19th. She started softball practices this week. The whole household is getting exercise. Brock plays basketball roughly 3 times a week and occasionally jogs. I have been stepping up some walking to go along with the Weight Watchers program that I'm on. Tonight, I have my first game in a recreational volleyball league. For those who've known me all my life, that might be humorous. I've never been athletic and I've always been a klutz. Preston, who is a lot like me -- far more interested in band than athletics -- is sticking out with track, despite not finishing in the upper echelon of runners. He is doing great at simply trying to continually improve his personal best.

No comments:

Post a Comment