Friday, October 15, 2010

Poem for Shaling

I've tried my hand at a poem in honor of Shaling. This is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I've been itching to blog, and have no news to share. I'm expecting a receipt from U.S.C.I.S. today or tomorrow, but most importantly, their approval by the end of next week.

Here's my stab at putting some of my feelings to words:

Dear Shaling, my treasure, my precious girl
You've set my heart a flutter and awhirl

We're plowing through our paperwork with passion
Been making travel plans in grand fashion

Though this process is taking quite awhile
I'm reminded it's worth it when I see your smile

Your bedroom is painted two shades of rose
Each time I walk by it, my love for you grows

Tonight as I gaze up at the faraway moon
I'll be content to know you'll be with us soon

For the time being, we're many worlds apart
But sweet daughter, you're already in my heart

Amy Reynolds, 10-15-2010

1 comment:

  1. Nice. You never know what you can accomplish, until you try. Keep writing - show your passion for your children.

    ReplyDelete