Thursday, October 21, 2010

We got another letter from Shaling!

The big Chinese characters across the top of the picture say “Happy National Day, Long Sha Ling”.

The little girl holding fireworks says “so beautiful”.

The heart has two parts. The left half is a note to us and the right half is a story that she wrote. Angela (the translator) says that some parts don’t make a sentence, so the translation is a bit rough.

The note on the left half:

Daddy & Mommy,

I was so happy to see your smile in the pictures. I smile too and I am as happy as you are. I have also received two letters from you. Hope my letter makes you happy also, ok? Daddy & Mommy, I want a little bicycle. I also want to give you a gift. My gift is the letter I wrote to you. I will feel so happy as soon as I go there.

The story on the right half:

Long time ago, I grew a little tree. I thought it growing too slowly. So I just pulled them up and it grew taller. I saw a little hare running very fast. He didn’t look out his way and bumped on a tree. A man saw it and took the hare with him. He run away. I just thought a good idea. Every day I pass here when I go home. He doesn’t show his face.




A close-up of the heart:

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! I bet you can't wait to bring her home!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gracious that is so precious!! Love it, love it, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, all. I just love that she asked for a "little bicycle".

    ReplyDelete