Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Too Two

A week or so ago, the kids were watching television. A toy commercial came on and Preston told me he wanted one. I told him to put it on his Christmas list. Shaling said, "I want too." Her English is coming along fantastically, but her grammar isn't always perfect; she'd left out the word "it".

Preston gently teased her, "You want two? I just want one."

I told him that he knew what she meant. She said, "Yeah, Preston! TOO - tee oh oh."

I was quite proud that she knew there was more than one spelling and she knew which one was correct. The reading/spelling takes even longer to learn than the spoken language.

**********************

I also have to brag -- apparently Sunday was "Mom Day" in Shaling's world. She wanted to sit by me in church; she was clingy & affectionate with me, etc. Well, we went to eat at Olive Garden ($7.95 never-ending pasta bowl). At the end of the meal, they brought us those delicious minty chocolates. She took a couple of the wrappers and folded them into a little package, asking me to open it. I was hesitant, thinking she was trying to trick me into thinking a chocolate was still in there. However, when I got to the very inside wrapper, I found this:

No comments:

Post a Comment