Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home Study Not As Close To Finished As I Thought

We had our final interview/home study visit last night. It went very well. Brock and I both enjoyed the conversation.

However, I found out that our book reports, internet-based training, and seminar training all has to be completed as part of the Home Study. In my organizational notes (you can see those in one of my earliests posts on this blog), I had all of those items written down as part of the Hague requirements (an international agreement the United States entered into with 50 other countries, starting in late 2009).

I collected another character reference letter last night as well and received the forms in the mail that our doctor hadn't quite completed. Brock is taking them to the doctor's office over lunch. Also, the adoption agency hasn't yet received Brock's state police clearance. He submitted his fingerprints almost 4 weeks later than I did, so I'm sure the clearance is forthcoming.

We also finally met Lynne, who is Guanghui's future mother! She seems so enthusiastic. We hope to go to dinner with her and her husband Joe some time when we get back from Florida, so that we can get to know them better.

Speaking of Florida, we leave Saturday morning for our annual trip to visit Grandma & Grandpa Reynolds in Marco Island. I'm not sure if I'll be posting while we're there or not. So, if you see several days pass without an update, don't give up on us...I'll jump right back in when we return Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment