Monday, March 22, 2010

Shaling's Sizes

Found this quote from an adoptive parent:

"I realized at the start that whether a child is biological or adopted, one does not know all the ingredients in the package. That is what growth is all about. A child is the slowest flower in the world, opening petal by petal, revealing the developing personality within."

We are filled with anticipation about watching Shaling blossom.

I got some updated size information today. If I've converted the measurements and shoe sizes correctly, she is roughly 48 inches tall and weighs 50 pounds. I'm hoping a clothing store will be able to help me guess fairly accurately on clothing sizes with that information. Her Chinese shoe size (34) is roughly the equivalent of size 4 here in the U.S.

It is my plan to take at least a few clothing items over to China with us, as I believe she mainly has shared items donated to the orphanage. Since the adoption completes the second day we're over there, she will spend the rest of the 10-14 days with us. It'd be nice for her to immediately have some clothing of her own.

If anyone reading the blog has a daughter close to Shaling's size and has some clothing size advice, I'll gladly take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment