Thursday, March 4, 2010

Update on the Trivia Night

Not much to report on paperwork. As I related in my Monday post, we sent off some forms to the adoption agency. Using the U.S.P.S. tracking on their website, I can confirm it was delivered. Also, Brock meets up with our Home Study counselor on Saturday.

However, I have been working furiously on the upcoming trivia night fundraiser. I've written 5 of the 10 categories. I spent some time yesterday learning how to use the overhead projector that will hook up to my laptop. Also, I've obtained various silent auction items such as a beautiful handmade purse, a Lia Sophia bracelet & necklace set, scented candles, and a Tim Wilkerson basket of goodies.

Our total coupon books sold has reached 74. Those are the books of coupons (mostly buy 1, get 1 free) good at a large variety of local businesses. Over $2200 in coupons is included. We sell them for $20 and turn the money over to In His Hands Orphans. Eventually half of what we bring in will go towards our adoption costs. The other half will build an orphanage specialing in kids born with cleft palates and obtaining surgery for them.

Our trivia flyer is below:

No comments:

Post a Comment