Friday, April 9, 2010

I think we are good to go for clothes for now. My mom purchased some items at JCPenney. My cousin Traci from Bunker Hill is also donating some clothes that her daughter has outgrown, many of them new or nearly new. I'm anxious to be able to pick out "girly outfits".

The trivia night is really coming together. I've finished the PowerPoint presentation and I'm excited about the way it looks.

This morning, I stopped by a store called Cigars for Aficionados, because the WFMB morning show was broadcasting live from there. They were allowing people to sign up to win Cubs tickets. I registered and then proceeded to tell Sam (Madonia) that I was going to go to Milwaukee tomorrow to see the Cardinals play. He then told me to grab the microphone and go on the air.

We discussed a St. Louis radio show host who is already bagging on Tony La Russa this season, my trip to Milwaukee, and how I was going to go to Washington, D.C. this August, but cancelled to save money towards the adoption. He then had me explain about the adoption and our costs, etc. I also described the upcoming trivia night and some of the silent auction items that will be included.

As I went off the air, Dave of Cigars for Aficionados gave me a box of cigars for the silent auction. The box would retail for $135. I was overwhelmed to receive such a generous unsolicited donation.

We met with Sara, who is interning in social work, last night to initial off on the home study report.

As I keep saying when people ask me how the adoption process is going, things are going slow, but sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment