Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Tidbits

For the purposes of the Home Study, a record of Preston's immunizations was requested. Brock found that in a file at home and I ran a copy, dropping it in the mail this morning.

I made my first clothing purchase for Shaling. I bought her a "Marco Island" t-shirt during our trip. I'm feeling fairly comfortable purchasing size 8-10 for shirts, size 7 or 8 for pants, and size 4 for shoes. I won't purchase much ahead of time, but I would like to take a pair of shoes, some underwear, some socks, and 4 or 5 outfits with us to China.

We get her the second day (the adoption completes the second day of the trip). So she'll be with us for two weeks over there and it's my understanding she'll only have a limited amount of clothing.

I'm in the midst of converting my trivia questions into a PowerPoint presentation. I'm really getting psyched about the trivia night, expecting it to be a lot of fun. We've got some great items for the silent auction: a basket of Tim Wilkerson merchandise, a Lia Sophia bracelet and necklace set, candles, a gorgeous homemade purse, a floral arrangement, some artwork, a quilted wall hanging, a sealed Coke bottle commemorating the 1984 Super Bowl, and hopefully, 4 box seat Cardinal tickets (I don't have them in hand yet, but have been promised them).

I've got 3 adults and several teenagers lined up to help with the child care. I've received some soda donations. We've been promised a wide variety of baked goods for sale. We might be able to obtain the use of a slushie machine and sell slushies. So far, I've got 26 tables reserved. I'm looking forward to what I hope is a lively evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment