Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Not Losing My Mind (At Least Not Today)

I’ve received words of encouragement from a few loved ones in regards to last Tuesday’s blog entry, “Another Missed Step”. The step I missed was that in addition to getting my forms for my dossier notarized and certified by the Secretary of State, I also have to get them authenticated by the Chinese Consulate. In sharing my frustration over discovering this step, I may have misled some to think that I caused us a delay.

In fact, I did not cause a delay. I was working ahead of time on a future step (sending the dossier to China). I cannot take that step yet, because I’m still waiting on DCFS approval of the home study (which needs to be included in the dossier). In fact, the dossier also has to include approval from U.S. Citizenship & Immigration. I cannot apply for that approval yet either, because it also requires the home study to be complete.

My frustration was in realizing that obtaining the authentication from the consulate was going to add yet more time to our process.

After talking to another representative at my adoption agency, we came to the conclusion that the instructions for getting my forms authenticated by the consulate were not included in my packet. For some reason, that part of the packet they send out was missing from not only my packet, but several other client packets as well. She emailed me the information I need today. The plus to that is that I felt better knowing I wasn’t losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment