Monday, December 13, 2010

Two Weeks From Today!!!

We got the big call this morning and we got our first choice for our Consulate Appointment - January 4, 2011. This means that we will take custody of Shaling on Monday, December 27, 2010 -- TWO WEEKS from today. Amazing. Brock & I are both filled with goosebumps and hardly able to concentrate on anything else today.

I'm also doing something I've never done before and doubt I'll ever do again -- I called the school to see if there was a way I could break the news to Preston during his lunch hour. They graciously and happily agreed to call him to the office around 11:30 and have him call my cell phone. I'm just bursting to share the good news with him that he'll be spending Christmas in China in order to get his new sister.

We cannot book our flights until at least tomorrow -- the short explanation is that we need our final itinerary from the travel agent in Beijing first. She books our hotel, our in-country travel, our guide, and all of our appointments, such as the appointment at the Civil Affairs Office on the 27th where we receive Shaling and our appointment the next day where we finalize the adoption, plus her medical exams, tb test, etc. Once we book our flights, I'll let everyone know EXACTLY when we'll be gone, but it'll roughly be December 24 until January 9.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is the best news I have heard today besides school being canceled! WOO HOO

    ReplyDelete