Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Minute Stuff

Well, if I may brag...I condensed all of our stuff into 4 suitcases (we brought 5) by stuffing the tiniest one in one of the larger ones. We've got 4 suitcases and 4 carry-ons now (and of course, 4 people). I checked Brock, Preston & myself in on-line for our flight tomorrow. However, I was unable to check Shaling in yet, because I have no visa for her (we get that later). I had to call United for help, because I at least wanted her to get seat assignments. That was probably a $20-$25 phone call. She is sitting with us from Chicago to Springfield, but the big flight had no seats in our row. Brock will probably be sitting in her assigned seat, while I sit with the 2 kids in the 3 assigned seats we have together.

We will be staying at the Marriott at the Hong Kong airport tonight. Here's to hoping we get a room with 2 beds as requested. Just to review, here's what's left of our itinerary:

Thursday
2:00 p.m. - Connie (our guide) picks up and takes us to get Shaling's visa, then drops us off at the train station.
4:10 p.m. - Our train leaves for Hong Kong.
FYI - those times translate to midnight & 2 a.m. Thursday in Illinois.

Friday
11:25 a.m. - Our flight to Chicago takes off (this translates to 9:25 p.m. Thursday in Illinois).
11:40 a.m. - Our flight is scheduled to land at O'Hare (this translates to 1:40 a.m. Saturday in China).
4:50 p.m. - Our flight for Springfield is scheduled to depart.
5:45 p.m. - We are scheduled to land in Springfield (this translates to 7:45 a.m. Saturday in China).

No comments:

Post a Comment