Saturday, January 22, 2011

Quick Update

Shaling loves popcorn. I took the kids to see Yogi Bear earlier this week and she ate one of the small bags (which I think are pretty big) all by herself. Then, last night, all 4 of us went with our neighbors Gary & Brenda to see The Green Hornet. I got her a medium bag and she ate all of it! Ultimately, the movie ended up even more violent than I expected. It didn't seem to phase Shaling, but in retrospect I don't think I would have taken either of the kids.

We went to see Dr. Western on Tuesday for her physical. We found out she has an ear infection. Because she never complained about pain or reached for her ear a lot or anything, we had no idea. I felt a bit guilty, but Doctor told me to check my guilt at the door. He says one of his kids has a high tolerance for pain too and they frequently don't realize he's sick until he's vomiting.

Also on Tuesday, Shaling & I met a couple of my friends from work for lunch at a favorite Thai restaurant of mine. While we were eating and enjoying each other's company, I got a text from Brock, who was back at work for the first time since December 22. He wanted to know if Shaling wanted to come see Dad at work after lunch. We think he might have missed her just a little bit. After visiting Dad, we went for her eye exam (required by the school). As expected, it went fine.

Wednesday, I drove her to school and picked her up at noon again. She did great...helped make Valentine's for soldiers, roller skated again, took a math test, etc. Thursday & Friday, she took the bus in the mornings, but I still picked her up at noon. She tells us she wants to eat lunch at the school, so starting Monday, we're going to try full days.

On Tuesday of next week, I'm going to speak to the Rochester 6th Grade about China. They just happen to be studying China & India this quarter, so I thought it might be interesting for them to see some pictures and hear some information from someone who was just recently there.

Today for the first time, she'll spend all day with Dad & Preston WITHOUT Mom. I'm going to be coaching my (Rochester High School) Scholastic Bowl team at an all day tournament. I guess it's my turn to be missing her. Tomorrow, she'll get an introduction to American football parties (perhaps a preview of Super Bowl Sunday), as we're hosting several friends & neighbors for the Bears-Packers game.

I'm sure I've left some fun stuff out, but gotta hurry to that tourney now. I'll work on some new pictures & videos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment