Friday, January 28, 2011

Video & Poem

I pulled out the video camera this morning to get a video of the kids going to the bus stop (I'll share that later, as I'm hoping to add a video of them getting off the bus as well). Anyway, I discovered a video I didn't realize Brock had taken. It was Shaling and her friend Crissi jumping on the snow-covered trampoline last Sunday during our football party. Now that I think about it, freezing cold weather & snow-covered blue jeans sounds immensely more fun than watching the ending of that Bears-Packers game.

Jumping on Trampoline with Snow from Amy Reynolds on Vimeo.



I also want to share this poem, written by my friend Tim Stowell. I've mentioned him in several previous postings. He lives in Tennessee and has 3 beautiful adopted children from China & Taiwan. One of his daughters, Star, previously named Ma Heng Xin, lived in the simulated family home with Shaling in China. The girls have known each other for pretty much their entire lives. Tim wrote this poem recently. He said he was partially inspired by the well-known Footprints poem. I think it is beautiful.



Following, by Tim Stowell

We knew our child before they knew us.
God knew me before I knew Him.

We loved our child before they knew us.
God loved me before I knew Him.

We prepared a place for our child before they knew us.
He prepared a place for me before I knew Him.

At some point we went and redeemed our child.
At some point He came and redeemed me.

We brought our child home to be in our family forever.
He will bring me one day to His home to be with Him forever.

Realizing this I know that God's heart is in adoption.
As an adopted child of the King, I can do no less than to model His behavior.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, and every word is so true....your story and all the others are very uplifting ...keep posting ;-)

    ReplyDelete